Who I Am
🎓 I’m an alumnus of the University of Cambridge, where I studied Modern and Medieval Languages (German & Spanish).
📚 I’m also a graduate of the Vienna School of International Studies, where I pursued the Master of Advanced International Studies.
👅 Besides English, I speak German, French, Spanish, and Romanian fluently, and dabble in Italian and Arabic.
What I’m Working On
- 🌐 I currently work as an international communication professional with UNIDO – the United Nations Industrial Development Organization. Disclaimer: all views expressed on this website are my own.
- 🎞️ On my YouTube channel, I make videos about studying, productivity, and self-improvement. Check out my most popular videos.
- 💌 I write an occasional email newsletter about improving the skills that make us successful + a collection of the most interesting stuff I come across on the internet that week.
- ✍️ On my website, I write articles about knowledge management, study techniques, and life design.
- 🎸 I’ve been playing the guitar for 16 years and I’ve played in various bands during this time. I started with Classical guitar, had my Rock phase in high school, but currently, my favourite genres are Jazz, Soul, Neo-Soul, and Blues. I’m currently in a Jazz band called Take DA Train, with colleagues from the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna (hence the cheeky DA in the name). If you want to keep up with my musical journey, check it out on this Instagram account.
- 👅 I’ve done my fair share of translation freelancing work during university, leveraging my knowledge of Romanian, English, German, French, and Spanish. I’m currently no longer doing that because I find that renting my time for money is not the optimal way of spending my time. However, I am still an avid language learner and am currently learning Arabic from scratch.
- 📑 I write and edit content for the Romanian health and lifestyle website servusexpert.ro. Before deciding to study languages, I actually prepared for a long time to study medicine in Austria or Germany, which meant intensive learning of anatomy and physiology. These subjects have remained a hobby of mine and editing content and managing social media for this blog is the way I keep it alive.
Get in Touch
- 🐤 On Twitter, I write more constantly throughout the week and it’s a more active way you can keep in touch with me besides the newsletter. It’s basically my stream of consciousness about productivity, education, and life philosophy in general. I might slip in my opinion on current affairs from time to time.
- 📷 I’m also on Instagram, where I share short clips in which I discuss insights I gather from my day-to-day life. I sometimes share my dabbles in photography and of course, and there’s also a lot of reels and YouTube behind-the-scenes content on there as well.
- ✉️ You can email me any time at this address: [email protected]. I’ll do my best to reply, but there is a much higher chance me doing so if you reply to my newsletter or write to me on Twitter.